Are you looking for a delicious veggie side dish? Our quick and straightforward zucchini air fryer dish is a fantastic way to eat vegetables. Air-fried zucchini recipe is the best option for a nutritious meal. The zucchini gets a lovely crust from cooking near the heat source that is difficult to achieve in the oven. Yes, you may roast the zucchini using the grill. However, use an air fryer for quicker and simpler outcomes.
How to air fry zucchini recipe at home in 8 minutes
I will show you how to prepare a delicious zucchini recipe at home. The recipe is low in calories and carbs, which is the best part. It is suitable for anyone following a Paleolithic diet and is also keto-friendly.
With these simple ingredients, you can make an easy, delicious, and crispy zucchini air fryer:
- Zucchini: 2 small-to-medium sliced into 1/2-inch slices (no need to peel them).
- Olive oil: 2 teaspoons.
- Salt: 1/4 teaspoon.
- Pepper: 1/8 teaspoon.
- Smoked paprika: 1/2 teaspoon.
- Garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- parmesan cheese: 1/4 cup (grated). No worries if you’re a vegan or follow a Whole30 or dairy-free diet. Omit the parmesan cheese and prepare this quick and delicious veggie with the other ingredients.
With this recipe, it’s difficult to go wrong. This recipe is for you whether you’re seeking a summer side dish, a fresh way to use up all that leftover zucchini, or want to change things up for your family’s menu. These are my simple steps to get a fantastic zucchini air fryer:
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes before cooking the zucchini. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, then in half again to form spears (about 1/2 inch thick) after trimming the ends.
Combine the seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture equally over the zucchini spears after lightly spraying them with olive oil. Place the air fryer basket in a single layer and top with parmesan cheese—Cook the zucchini and parmesan cheese for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
Remember: Depending on the power setting of your air fryer, the cooking time for the zucchini air fryer may change. (Some air fryers have very different cooking methods.)
However, the advantage of using zucchini is that, if you’d like, you may occasionally check on it by opening the air fryer. The taste won’t be ruined, but it might take a little longer and allow the heat to escape.
Zucchini recipe for Vegetarian Gluten free (Oven Baked)
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Herbs, dried
3 tbsp Parsley, fresh leaves
1 1/2 lb Zucchini
1 Black pepper
1 Kosher salt
1/2 tsp Paprika, smoked
2 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan
Read More Recipes
- How to air fry asparagus in 10 minutes – The best easy and healthy Air Fryer Asparagus recipe, it’s soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- How to Air Fryer Brussels Sprout Recipe in 18 Minutes – Serve them with a delicious dressing and enjoy this healthy side dish.
- How to Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers in 6 Minutes – I bet your guests will adore them too! If you use an air fryer, you must try this recipe.
Why should I air fry zucchini instead of baking them in the oven?
These tiny zucchini strips become excellent, crispy fries due to the hot air circulation. Making our air zucchini air fryer only takes a few minutes. A batch of delicious fries is perfect as a side dish, a snack, or an appetizer to share. In comparison to eating starchy potatoes, they are undoubtedly healthier.
The zucchini can be baked in the oven, but they won’t be as crisp as when air-fried.
Combine zucchini with the oil and salt to roast them as directed in the recipe. Zucchini should be roasted at 425 for 18 to 22 minutes, rotating the vegetable halfway through or until golden brown and cooked to your preferred doneness.
Which kind of zucchini work best in the zucchini air fry recipe?
For this recipe, fresher is ideal, so look for smooth-skinned, dark-green zucchini. Although you can use medium or large-size zucchini if they are fresh and soft, I frequently find that smaller zucchini are more tender and better fit this profile.
Can I use summer or yellow squash to prepare the zucchini air fryer?
Absolutely! These other kinds of yellow zucchini or squash are also excellent! For a tray of colorful zucchini fries, it’s fun to mix them up. For everyone else, make additional air fryer zucchini fries if your summer garden is overflowing with yellow squash.
Can I make zucchini chips using this zucchini air fryer recipe?
Zucchini chips prepared in the air fryer are one of my go-to snack recipes and are created quite similarly. They are the ideal snack when you don’t want to end up at the bottom of a bag of potato chips but want to enjoy a satisfying crunch. Also, you can make air-fried zucchini chips in under 15 minutes!
PRO-TIP: If you want to prepare air fryer zucchini fries, you can cook them similarly by changing how they are chopped!
What seasoning mixtures work best with zucchini air fryer recipes?
Along with the salt, you can also mix in other spice mixtures with the zucchini. Any of the spice mixtures listed below would be good with a half teaspoon:
- Greek seasoning includes (1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano, one teaspoon of dried thyme, ½ teaspoon of dried basil, ½ teaspoon of dried minced onion, and ¼ teaspoon of dried minced garlic).
- Italian seasoning can be made of (1 tablespoon of dried basil, one tablespoon of dried oregano, one tablespoon of dried rosemary, one tablespoon of dried thyme, and one tablespoon of dried marjoram).
- Herbs De Provence.
Serving suggestions for zucchini air fryer
You can use this zucchini as a side dish with these main dishes!
- Any meat, such as grilled chicken or salmon, grilled steak, or lemon-herb roast chicken.
- All types of burgers, turkey burgers, or veggie burgers.
- Baked potatoes stuffed.
- Pork chops with grilled garlic are delicious with zucchini.
Serve it as an appetizer with the following dips:
- Ranch dressing with chipotle or avocado
- Spinach and artichoke dip
- Honey mustard sauce
- Greek salad sauce
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Alfredo sauce
Zucchini Air Fryer Pre & Cook Time
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 minutes||8 minutes||13 minutes|
- Servings: 8 zucchini spears
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 23 kcal
|Calories: 27kcal||Carbohydrates: 24g||Protein: 2g|
|Fat: 2g||Sodium: 125mg||Potassium: 128mg|
|Fiber: 1g||Sugar: 1g||Vitamin A: 187IU|
|Vitamin C: 9mg||Calcium: 42mg||Iron: 1mg|