So, steaming asparagus is preferred to roasted asparagus in your opinion? Not a problem with the aid of your air fryer; you can still accomplish that! I will show you how to steam asparagus in an air fryer. You’ll like how delicious and easy to steam your asparagus recipe. The best part is that this steamed asparagus in air fryer recipe is suitable for keto, gluten-free, and weight-watchers diets.
Steps to Steam Asparagus in an Air Fryer:
Here are the ingredients and instructions for steaming your asparagus in an air fryer.
No unique ingredients are required for this recipe for air fryer asparagus. The ingredients you need are probably already in your cabinet or refrigerator:
- Asparagus (1lb.): Thin asparagus is preferred for this recipe.
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon): This keeps the spears from drying out while they cook to the ideal tenderness in the air fryer.
- Garlic (1 teaspoon minced garlic): A little garlic makes everything great!
- Salt (about ½ – 1 teaspoon): To enhance the naturally delicious flavors of this vegetable.
- Pepper (about ½ teaspoon): To add a fantastic flavor.
You can get the best-steamed asparagus in your air fryer using these steps:
Step 1: Clean and dry your asparagus spears well. An 8-inch springform pan’s bottom should be coated with nonstick spray. Add 1/4 cup water and the seasoned, trimmed asparagus.
Step 2: Wrap aluminum foil around the springform pan to cover the trimmed asparagus. Cook for 10 minutes at 375°F. Shake the air fryer basket lightly halfway through cooking to prevent scorching. Take out the springform pan and air fryer basket. Enjoy after adding the seasoning.
Can you overcook asparagus?
Unfortunately, unlike several other vegetables, asparagus cannot be slightly overcooked and produce the same flavor. You frequently end up with a mushy, slimy, or burnt vegetable side dish if you overcook asparagus. Unfortunately, depending on the size of the asparagus, cooking times might vary substantially. For the best results, cook asparagus spears that are narrow (about the size of your pinky) for the shorter end of the cooking period and larger spears (around the size of your pointer finger) for the longer end.
Advice and hacks for delicious steamed asparagus in an air fryer:
- For consistent cooking, try to choose an asparagus bunch that is of a regular size.
- Please substitute your preferred oil in this recipe if you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet.
- Use unsalted butter if you’re using it so that you may sprinkle acceptable sea salt over the heated asparagus spears afterward.
- Before air frying, seasonings may be added to the oil mixture or may be sprinkled on top.
- Use a different pan. Use a tiny springform pan to prepare your dinner in the air fryer if you want to include other vegetables, marinade, or quick-cooking fish.
- This will save additional cleanup by keeping all extra liquids and flavors inside.
What to serve with steamed Asparagus?
Here are some serving recommendations to make eating asparagus in the air fryer even more enjoyable for me because I love it so much:
Chicken: Asparagus pairs wonderfully with both baked and fried chicken!
Pork: Fried asparagus would be a great addition to a dish of pork chops.
Try it with this salmon with a sun-dried tomato and parmesan crust!
Soup: To make a light dinner, serve some Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and asparagus.