Meatball dishes are popular amongst foodie people, and turkey meatballs are one of their top preferences. It is a common query can you cook ground turkey in the air fryer. Air fryer turkey meatballs are easy to make and delicious for lunch or dinner, packed with a lot of protein. These require less oil to cook as they are entirely air fried. These lip-smacking meatballs are crisp on the outside and moist on the inside and taste best with sweet chili sauce.
How to air fryer turkey meatballs
I will show you how an air fry turkey meatball. Its exotic flavors and attractive display make it an excellent option for special occasions. It can also be served with rice, veggies, and other side dishes.
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dried parsley
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chilli sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to cook ground turkey in air fryer?
Step 1: Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Add all your ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix using your hands or a rubber spatula. Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, make evenly sized-balls. This trick will help you to make more balls in less time.
Step 2: Spray the basket with olive oil spray, and place your turkey meatballs in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure not to overcrowd the space and cook in batches if required. Air fry these at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Flipping halfway through the cooking time. For the sauce, add chili sauce and Worchester sauce in a small mixing bowl and stir it well. Once done, transfer the meatballs to a large mixing bowl and toss them with the prepared sauce. Serve warm with any condiments of your choice.
- How to Air Fryer Beef Tenderloin in 30 Minutes?
- How to Air fryer duck in 1hr?
- How to Air Fryer Mushrooms in 15 Minutes?
- How to Air fryer turkey burger in 15 Minutes?
- How to air fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken in 20 Minutes?
- How to Air fryer Bagel Bites in 5 Minutes
Tips to make the best air-fried Turkey Meatballs
- Use good quality ground turkey meat for better results. A 93/7 lean ground turkey is a perfect choice for this recipe.
- You can also use walnuts and cashews instead of breadcrumbs to reduce carbs. You can also use almond flour instead of breadcrumbs.
- Make small meatballs, about 1.5 inches. This will help them cook better and prevent them from drying out. A round table tablespoon or an ice cream scoop can serve this purpose.
- Use a little bit of olive oil in this recipe. This helps in making them nice and crisp. It is a healthier option than traditional meatball recipes.
- Make sure to spray olive oil in the basket before cooking. This way, they will not stick to each other and will cook evenly.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature with rice and toothpicks.
- Toss the balls in the sauce only after they are well cooked
- Let the balls cool down completely before storing them. Also, use an airtight container and store it in a refrigerator.
How to store the leftovers
If you want to store these meatballs, you need not toss them in the sauce. Instead, after cooking, let them cool, transfer them to an airtight container, and store them in the refrigerator. These will last you for 4-5 days. When it’s time to serve, reheat them at 350 degrees F. for 3 to 4 minutes, toss them in the sauce and serve. Avoid storing just at a warm temperature.
How does it take to prepare an Air Fried meatball?
- Prep time – 8 minutes
- Total time – 13 minutes
- Calories – 269
- Total fat- 12.8g
- Cholestrol – 107.3 mg
- Total carbohydrate- 17.8g
- Sugars – 9.5g
- Vitamin A- 51.6IU
- Calcium -94.5mg
- Saturated fat- 3.5g
- Sodium- 949.7mg
- Protein 21g
- Vitamin C- 4mg
- Iron 1.9mg