Do you go to work early and look for a quick and easy breakfast? Air fryer sausage links are the best option for you. You can cook your morning sausage links in the air fryer for ten minutes while preparing the rest of your breakfast. Even better, they are less oily than frying them on the stovetop! I, a mom of kids, always try to make an easy breakfast, and less effort is preferable. I enjoy how quickly air fryer sausage links can be prepared. They cook in just ten minutes without oil splattering on the floor or needing to turn them frequently. You won’t need to use any other way after trying this recipe!
Ingredients for sausage links
You will only need sausage links. No oil or other ingredients are required, and I like fresh sausages. You may either add a few more minutes to cook them from frozen if you buy them in bulk, or you can defrost them in advance. However, I use Johnsonville sausage links when I don’t have fresh sausages.
How to prepare Johnsonville sausage links
Set the air fryer’s temperature to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the frozen sausage links out of the box and separate them. Don’t stack them; place them in the air fryer basket.
Flip them halfway through cooking and continue at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 12 minutes for fresh sausages. Depending on how crispy you prefer your sausage links, the cooking time may change by a minute or two. Give yourself a few extra minutes if your sausage links are thicker, or add more than one package to the basket. Your air-fried sausage links are ready to serve!
Read More Recipes
- How to air fryer country-style ribs in 28 Minutes?
- How to air fryer pizza rolls in 8 Minutes?
- How to Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls in 20 Minutes?
- How to mozzarella sticks air fryer in 8 Minutes?
Why make air fryer sausage links?
The exterior of sausage links in the air fryer is nicely browned and crispy, just as if you had carefully watched over them while flipping them on the stove, but without any effort, the air fryer does all the work. They are reasonably straightforward breakfast proteins, delicious, and not overly greasy. Additionally, since air fryer sausage links are simple to prepare, kids can cook breakfast before school.
How long do you air fry sausage links?
The condition of the sausages before cooking determines this. So, it differs depending on whether you are air-frying fresh, frozen, or wholly cooked sausages. In the air fryer at 400 F, fresh breakfast sausages will take 8 to 10 minutes to cook, frozen links will take 10 to 12 minutes, and frilly sausages will take 6 to 8 minutes. Also, the strength of your air fryer and the sausage links you use affect the cooking time slightly.
Can you freeze sausages after air frying them?
Yes, you can. This is a terrific technique to guarantee minimal food waste, especially if you purchased sausages on sale and the expiration date is approaching. Without losing flavor, they can be frozen for up to two months.
What makes morning sausage different from the typical links?
The ingredients used are the primary distinction between breakfast sausage (also known as country sausage in the US) and regular sausages. Sage, brown sugar, thyme, and occasionally maple syrup are key components in breakfast sausages. Breakfast sausages have a different flavor than ordinary or Italian sausages. Most breakfast sausages come in tiny links, which may be another slight variation.
How do you know when the sausage is done?
The breakfast sausages ‘exterior should be brown to signify doneness. You can use a meat thermometer to confirm that the link has heated internally to 160 F. You can check if one is fully cooked on the inside by cutting into it; the interior shouldn’t be pink. Cook for a few minutes more if it’s still pink.
What to serve with air fryer sausage links?
I love to decorate sausage links in air fryer with colors, so I serve them with air-fried vegetables like air-fried asparagus, coleslaw salad, or sautéed peppers. Also, you can serve sausages on the bread with baked beans on top. Another choice is to eat air fryer sausage links with potatoes or sauerkraut. Potatoes can be mashed, boiled, or cooked in butter and garlic in a skillet.
How to store air-fried sausage links leftovers?
Place your sausages in an airtight container; you can keep them in the refrigerator for five days. Additionally, you can put cooked sausages in the freezer; they can easily last for two to three months.
Why air fryer sausage links are the best choice for breakfast?
- There is no need to defrost: Make your breakfast without worrying about preparation. Remove Johnsonville sausage links from the freezer and cook them in the air fryer for about 20 minutes.
- No mess: you only need an air fryer to prepare sausage links in air fryer, and if you choose to slice the sausages afterward, you may need a cutting board.
- You don’t have to watch it: you only have to place sausages in your air fryer, and it will take care of cooking them.
- Any sausage will work for this recipe: you may enjoy this delicious dish with any sausages, Italian, turkey, pork, or uncooked sausage.
What causes my air fryer to smoke when cooking sausage links?
There might be some smoke, just like with high-grease food like bacon. Ensure your air fryer is clean before using it to reduce the smoke. The air fryer will smoke if there is burnt food, crumbs, or fat. You can place some bread in the bottom of the basket to soak up the grease from the sausages. Another idea is to add some sprays of water to the bottom of the air fryer rack.
Air fry sausage links cook time.
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 minutes||10 minutes||12 minutes|
Necessary kitchen tools:
- Kitchen tongs
- Cutting board
- Air fryer
Calories: 170 kcal
|Calories: 170kcal||Cholesterol: 572mg||Protein: 10g|
|Fat: 13g||Potassium: 90mg||Sodium: 470mg|
|Sugar: 1mg||Calcium: 10mg||Iron: 0.6mg|
Air fryer sausage
- Kitchen tongs
- Cutting board
- Air fryer
- Sausage links: 8
- Set the air fryer's temperature to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the frozen sausage links out of the box and separate them. Don't stack them; place them in the air fryer basket.
- Flip them halfway through cooking and continue at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 12 minutes for fresh sausages. The cooking time may change by a minute or two, depending on how crispy you prefer your sausage links. Give yourself a few extra minutes if your sausage links are thicker, or add more than one package to the basket. Your air-fried sausage links are ready to serve!