I am confident you will adore our recipe for air fryer Mexican corn on cob. It’s a tasty and well-known Mexican street meal frequently found at food events. It has a delicious flavor, and the cheesy topping makes it to die for. Mexican cotija cheese and cream make a wonderful mix. Air fryer elote has so much to love; every bite is delicious because of the flavorful, air-fried corn and the creamy elotes topping. I am sure you’ll eat at least two ears of corn, so be prepared to make a double batch for gatherings.
Ingredients for air fryer elote:
To air fry the corn, you will need the following:
- Fresh corn: 4 ears (husked)
- Butter: 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
To prepare the cheese mixture, you will need the following:
- Mexican cream: 1/3 cup
- Cotija or feta cheese: ½ cup
- Mayonnaise: ¼ cup
- Fresh cilantro ( ¼ cup, chopped)
- Paprika: ½ tsp.
- Chili powder: ½ tsp.
- Garlic powder: 1 tsp.
- Lime: 1 (cut into wedges)
- Black pepper to taste.
- Air fryer
Additional kitchen hardware tools:
- Kitchen tongs
How to air fryer Mexican corn on cob?
Step 1: Cut the corn to fit the air fryer’s basket (some might need to be cut in half). Sprinkle salt over the corn once it has been coated in melted butter. Cook the corn in the air fryer at 370°F (190°C) for 12 to 16 minutes, flipping the corn halfway through. Cook the kernels until they are soft and barely browned. (Depending on the size of the corn, the cooking time may change, how full the air fryer basket is, and different air fryer models/sizes.)
Step 2: You can prepare the cheese mixture while the corn air fries. Combine the rest ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. After the corn has finished cooking, cover it with the cheese mixture. Add more cheese crumbles, paprika or chili powder, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro as garnishes.
Read More Recipes:
- How to air fry meatballs in 20 minutes?
- How to air fryer apple fries in 20 minutes?
- How to air fryer acorn squash in 25 minutes?
- How to air frying vegetables in 15 minutes?
- How to air fry tomatoes in 15 minutes?
In place of Cotija cheese, what can I use?
While Cotija cheese is typically sprinkled on top of Mexican corn, you may use several other substations if you can’t find any. Consider goat cheese, parmesan cheese, or feta cheese.
Can I prepare a sauce for air fryer elotes?
Yes! This recipe doesn’t require a sauce, but others do! Mix the seasonings with mayonnaise, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt before brushing it on the cooked corn.
How to choose fresh corn?
- Look at the husk: It must be brightly green, somewhat wet, and securely curled around the corn. Avoid any small brown holes in the husk that indicate insects. Additionally, look at the corn’s bottom, where the ear was cut from the stalk. The corn is most likely not fresher if this section is brown. Avoid peeling back the husk if you can. The corn’s shelf life is shortened as a result of drying out.
- For the tassel: it should be light brown or gold and feel slightly sticky to the touch. The tassel is the corn silk that sticks from the top of the corn cob.
What dishes go well with air fryer street corn?
Air fryer elote is served alongside a standard hamburger, hot dog, or rib meal. The flavors complement BBQ dishes wonderfully. However, you can also do this as an appetizer or with salsa or handmade tortillas. Air fryer Mexican corn on cob is delicious and works well with many cuisines.
Can frozen corn be used for this recipe?
Instead of using frozen corn, we advise using fresh corn. Always go for fresh, and sometimes the frozen corn is watery and mushy. However, if you need fresh corn, look for a premium frozen brand with hefty kernels.
|Air fryer Mexican corn on cob:|
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes|
|Course: Side dish|
|Calories: 389 kcal|
|Calories: 389kcal||Carbohydrates: 37g||Protein: 9g|
|Fat: 28g||Saturated fat: 8g||Sugar: 9g|