Jalapenos Poppers must be among the most straightforward recipe to prepare in your air fryer ( i recommend 5.8 liters Casori ), which take only five minutes to cook in each batch with this convenient oven. An air fryer completely changes how I cook my jalapeno poppers; that is true. That cheesy, spicy, crunchy pleasure is yours in just five minutes! These air fryer jalapeno poppers are my favorite “go-to” snack, and air frying them saves a ton of time and gives the bacon the ideal crispness for our poppers.
How to air fry jalapeno poppers recipe in 6 Minutes
I bet that your guests will adore them too! If you use an air fryer, you must try this recipe. Be aware that they will vanish just as quickly as you cook them.
Let’s get started
To make air fryer jalapeno poppers, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh, big jalapenos: 12 halved and deseeded (4 inches in length at least)
- Cream cheese: 8 ounces at room temperature
- Yellow Cheddar: 5 ounces, grated
- Panko breadcrumbs: 1/2 cup (add pecorino romano cheese optionally for an extra flavor)
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon (divided) to flavor the cream cheese mixture
- Smoked paprika: ½ teaspoon, divided.
- Salt: ½ teaspoon, divided.
- Butter: 1 tablespoon at room temperature
- Nonstick cooking spray
Set the air fryer at 390°F (200°C). Jalapenos should be cut lengthwise in half. After that, wash the jalapenos, and use a spoon to remove all the seeds.
With a rubber spatula, blend the cream cheese and Cheddar and half the amount of each paprika, salt, and garlic in a bowl. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of each paprika and garlic powder with the panko breadcrumbs and melted butter in a separate bowl.
After stuffing each pepper half with the cheese mixture, place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. After that, sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the peppers’ tops.
Place the stuffed peppers evenly in an air fryer basket sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Also, peppers’ tops should be sprayed with cooking spray. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes at 390° F, or until the cheese mixture is melted and the tops are browned.
Using a spatula, carefully remove each popper from the air fryer basket. Now your air fryer jalapeno poppers are ready to serve.
Read More Recipes
- How to Air Fryer Brussels Sprout Recipe in 18 Minutes – Serve them with a delicious dressing and enjoy this healthy side dish.
- How to Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe in 10 Minutes – Delicate, white fish that cooks fast and with little effort and has a gentle flavor that isn’t overly fishy.
- How to Zucchini Air Fryer Recipe in 8 Minutes – Our quick and straightforward zucchini air fryer dish is a fantastic way to eat vegetables.
How should jalapenos be prepared for air fryer jalapeno poppers?
Has jalapeno juice ever gotten in your eye? It hurts! So my advice to you is don’t forget to wear gloves. Because jalapenos can be pretty spicy, gloves are recommended to avoid accidentally rubbing your eyes.
Therefore, while wearing gloves, cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise, leaving the stem on both parts whole. Remove the seeds from the pepper using a spoon or a small paring knife. Leave a small portion of the membrane and discard the rest if you enjoy a little heat.
How long does it take to cook air fryer jalapeno poppers?
The size of your jalapenos and the brand and capacity of your air fryer will determine how long to air-fry the jalapeno poppers. For my air fryer, 6 minutes was perfect.
The amount of heat you prefer will also determine how long you air-fry the jalapenos. I noticed that cooking them for a more extended period makes them milder also, keep in mind that they will lose their shape.
How to serve air fryer jalapeno poppers?
- My favorite tip is to wrap jalapeno poppers with a slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. The bacon will shrink if you don’t use a toothpick, and it won’t stay wrapped around the popper, and you will get the best-wrapped air fryer jalapeno poppers.
- Another way to add bacon to air-fried jalapeno poppers is to fry some diced bacon in a skillet and add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Fresh herbs, like chopped chives or parsley, give the filling fragrant but straightforward touch.
- Those who follow a gluten-free diet should use gluten-free panko breadcrumbs.
- Other ingredients can be used in place of panko, such as crumbled Doritos or chips.
- You can make it low-carb and skip the breading if you are on a diet.
Serve dips with air fryer jalapeno poppers.
Here are many various possibilities for creating delicious and distinctive dips for serving. Try something new and vary your routine!
- For an extra spicy kick, Sriracha Mayo or hot sauce are fantastic.
- To rich poppers, add honey mustard dip.
- Ranch dressing.
- BBQ sauce.
Can I air fry frozen jalapeño poppers?
Absolutely. You won’t believe how tasty and simple it is to prepare frozen air fryer jalapeno poppers. What a quick and straightforward method to eat these snacks! Just be aware that they come out super-hot, so you have to wait till they have slightly cooled off before eating!
Following are some guidelines for cooking frozen jalapeño poppers in the air fryer:
- Be careful not to overcook them because the cheese will flow out too quickly if you do.
- Every air fryer cooks a little bit differently, and every brand of poppers comes in various sizes. Therefore, once you’ve made your first successful batch, you’ll be able to determine the precise timing needed to get your desired texture.
- Avoid piling the poppers on top of one another.
- There’s no need to use any oil.
- The centers can be extremely hot when the jalapeno poppers first come out of the air fryer. So let them cool for about 5 minutes before eating.
Can I make air fryer jalapeno poppers in advance?
Of course! The evening before making the peppers, you can complete all of the prep work, including chopping, filling, and wrapping them. Keep them wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator until you’re ready to prepare them. You should wait to cook them until you are ready to eat them because they taste best when they are fresh and crisp.
Jalapeno poppers cook time.
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 minutes||6 minutes||16 minutes|
- Servings: 12
- Course: Appetizer
- Calories: 110 kcal
|Calories: 110kcal||Carbohydrates: 4g||Protein: 4g|
|Fat: 14g||Sodium: 131mg||Potassium: 71mg|
|Fiber: 1g||Sugar: 1g||Vitamin A: 465IU|
|Vitamin C: 17mg||Calcium: 88mg||Iron: 1mg|