Today I will share a straightforward way to prepare an air fryer hot dog. This quick method of cooking hot dogs for a large crowd makes them ideal for summer events. You will adore this air fryer technique if you enjoy golden and roasted hot dog. If you cook hot dogs this way, you may never want to try another way. The hot dogs’ exteriors are delightfully plump, juicy, and delicious. However, if you don’t want your air fry hot dogs to be crispy, you may cook them to any desired texture.
What do you need to cook air fryer hot dog?
- Hot dogs (4)
- Hot dogs buns (4)
- Oil spray
- Air fryer
Additional kitchen hardware tools:
- Kitchen pliers
How to air fry hot dogs?
Step 1: Spry the basket of your air fryer with cooking oil. Then, place the hot dogs in the basket and set the temperature to 380 degrees.
How long does to air fryer hot dog?
Step 2: Depending on the texture and size of the hot dogs you choose, air fry them for 8 to 10 minutes at 380°F/185°C. If you prefer very crispy hot dogs, air fry them for 6 to 8 minutes at 400°F/205°C. At the halfway point of cooking, turn the hot dogs.
Step 3: For the buns to reheat and get crisp, place hot dogs in the buns and cook in the air fryer for an additional minute. Or toast the buns separately. Add your preferred toppings before serving.
Read More Air Fryer Recipes:
- How to air fryer corn on the cob in 15 minutes?
- How to Air Fryer Lamb Chops in 15 minutes?
- How to air fryer garlic bread recipe in 3 Minute?
- How to air fryer turkey meatballs in 8 Minutes?
- How to Air fryer Cinnamon rolls in 10 Minutes?
The best air fryer hot dog tips
Here are some tips to follow while cooking air fry hot dogs:
- Start with a delicious hot dog, of course! Although I adore the flavor and texture of all beef hot dogs, feel free to use your preferences.
- Make a few small slices on the top to increase the hot dog’s flavor and crispiness.
- In the air fryer, toast the buns. Once your dogs are done cooking, place them in your preferred buns and re-fry them for 1-2 minutes.
Air fryer hot dog variations
Countless topping combinations can be used on hot dogs. You can continue using Ketchup and Mustard as you always have. Or top your air fry hot dog with cheese, onions, and chili. Add canned hot dog chili and optional onions to make some delicious cheese dogs. It’s wonderful! I made precisely melted cheese dogs by carefully timing the melting of the cheese and utilizing a temperature of 350°F to make the process easier.
Which better hot dog in air fryer, grill, or stovetop?
There are numerous benefits to air frying hot dogs, including:
- It is quick and straightforward.
- Using one appliance, you can crisp the bread and hot dog.
- The hot dogs are cooked to perfection, with a crispy outside and a juicy interior.
- There is no need to be concerned that they may overcook and get dry if you time them perfectly in the air fryer.
- You can make enough hot dogs for the entire family or create one for yourself. The time spent cooking and preparing will remain the same.
|Air fryer hot dog:|
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
|Servings: 4 piece|
|Calories: 229 kcal|
|Calories: 229kcal||Carbohydrates: 30g||Protein: 9g|
|Fat: 8g||Sodium: 520mg||Sugar: 3g|
|Fiber: 1g||Calcium: 84mg||Iron: 2.5mg|
Thanks for visiting our blog. For any questions, leave a comment, please!