This post will teach you how to prepare Air fryer Halibut in a few simple steps. Stay tuned. Juicy Air fried fish fillets made in the air fryer, this dish is an excellent snack for kids and adults. Full of flavor and spice, it gets ready in no time and with only some simple ingredients. If you have a love for fish, then this delectable recipe is a must-try for you.
Essential ingredients for making Air Fryer Halibut
- Halibut Fillets – To make this Air fryer halibut recipe, you will need 2 fish fillets of 6 ounces each. Make sure to use fresh fillets, as they will enhance the dish’s overall flavor.
- Olive oil or cooking spray: Although the recipe is being made in the Air fryer and you don’t need much oil for it, some oil or cooking spray is required to lightly spray the Air fryer’s basket to achieve a good level of crispiness.
- Spices – For making the dry rub marinade. You will need the following spices to make this recipe:
- Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Black pepper
Directions to make Air Fryer Halibut
Step 1: Start by lightly rinsing the Halibut with some water. Now, pat dries the halibut fillets using paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Combine all the spices in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Now rub the marinade over the Halibut fillets; cover it well with the spices. After that, drizzle some olive oil on top.
Step 2: Place them in the Air fryer in a single layer. Air fry for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees. If you are using a thicker variety of fish, it will need 1-3 extra minutes of cooking. Once done, please remove it from the basket and enjoy it with your favorite condiments.
Read More Recipes
- How to air fryer tortilla chips in 5 Minutes
- How to Air Fryer Salmon in 15 Minutes
- How to Air fryer Meatloaf in 30 Minutes
- How to Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings in 25 Minutes
Why will you love this Air fryer Halibut recipe?
There are several reasons why you will love this recipe, some of which are:
- Halibut is a delicious white fish packed with several nutrients and minerals that are great for your health.
- Low in calories and carbohydrates, this fish is very high in protein, making it an excellent snacking option for people looking to lose weight.
- Another reason to love this recipe is that it has almost no prep time, making it best for people looking for quick meal ideas.
- This delicious Air fried halibut recipe gets ready in just 10 minutes with absolutely no preparation.
- This Halibut made in the air fryer is full of flavor and spices, satisfying all your cravings without compromising your health.
- Made in the air fryer, it has almost no added oil, making it an excellent dish for health-conscious people.
- And last but not least, this fantastic fish recipe makes a great dinner option for everybody in the family who loves fish.
Fresh fish or Frozen Fish?
Although most fish recipes are best made with fresh fish, if you can get your hands on fresh Halibut, you can easily use frozen fish. There isn’t much difference in the taste, and the dish will also turn out perfect with frozen fish. And since our fryers are masters with frozen food, you will have a crispy delight for yourself made with frozen Halibut.
Which spices can be used to make this recipe for Air fried Halibut?
You can replace the spices used in this recipe with any other spices of your choice. You can use garlic powder, onion powder, lemon zest, lime juice, goat cheese, or any other ingredient of your choice to give this excellent recipe some extra flavor. Some of the best sauces that pair well with this Air fried Halibut include Mango salsa, hot sauce, tartar sauce, creamy cheese sauce, and Tzatziki sauce.
How to serve Air fried Halibut?
Although the dish can be bet had alone as it has a combination of various delicious flavors and spices, which makes it self sufficient but if you want to pair it with some other food items and make a meal, then you can pair this White fish dish with some wild rice and lemon wedges. Top it with fresh parsley and chopped green onion for a better taste.
How to store Air fried Halibut?
Although the recipe is so delicious that you will hardly be left with any extras, here’s how you can do that if you do.
- To store the leftover Air fried Halibut, just put it in an airtight container and store it inside the fridge. Now this will last you for 2-3 days.
- If you want to store the Air fryer halibut for a longer time, then you can store them in the freezer for up to 6 months; here’s how.
- To store the Air fryer halibut in the freezer, you first have to cool it in the fridge; once this is done, pack the fish in airtight plastic bags or containers and freeze.
How to Reheat Air fryer Halibut?
It is very easy to reheat this air fryer halibut; take the stored fish out from the fridge and throw it into the air fryer for 1-2 minutes or until heated well. To reheat frozen fish, you must thaw it in the fridge before reheating it in the air fryer.
Preparation & Cook Time For Halibut
- Prep Time – 2 minutes
- Cook Time – 10 minutes
- Total time – 12 minutes
- Calories 228
- Fat 16g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 56mg
- Sodium 368mg
- Potassium 501mg
- Carbohydrates 0.3g
- Fiber 0.1g
- Sugar 0.03g
- Protein 21g