Air fryer country-style ribs are a fantastic summer meal that doesn’t require much effort, care, or heat. In hot summers, when the temperature is over 45, no one would prefer to be outside tending to grill ribs or even want to turn on the oven in that heat. It is my favorite method of preparing ribs. With this quick, simple recipe that always turns out perfect, you will skip the oven and the grill. What could be better than juicy, soft, and delicious meat? You should try this air fryer recipe if you have been afraid to attempt country-style ribs or if they have always come out too rough.
Country-style pork ribs: what are they?
You may not be aware, but country-style ribs are not ribs. In reality, these are pork shoulder chops, and they are far cheaper and more accessible than traditional ribs and are a much meatier addition to your meals.
Ingredients for country-style pork ribs
- Country-style pork ribs: 2 pounds
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon
- Onion powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Smoked paprika: 1½ teaspoon
- BBQ sauce: 1cup
How to air fry boneless pork ribs?
Step 1: Set your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Trim the ribs before spraying or rubbing them with cooking oil and seasoning.
Step 2: Add the boneless pork ribs to the air fryer in an even layer. Cook for twenty minutes, and don’t forget to turn the ribs at 10 minutes. Brush the ribs with a thin layer of BBQ sauce once the timer rings. Put them back in the basket and cook for 5-8 minutes. Add more barbecue sauce and serve your air fryer country-style ribs with a delicious side dish.
Read More Recipes
- How to air fryer pizza rolls in 8 Minutes?
- How to air fryer sausage links in 12 Minutes?
- How to Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls in 20 Minutes?
- How to mozzarella sticks air fryer in 8 Minutes?
Why should you try air fryer country-style ribs?
Here are a few more reasons for cooking this recipe:
- You’d adore it! Who doesn’t enjoy delicious, melt-in-your-mouth beef with a tasty barbecue sauce glaze?
- County-style ribs are inexpensive meat pieces that have a mouthwatering flavor.
- This recipe only needs a few simple ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- This can also be applied to other types of meat.
How long does to cook air fryer country-style ribs?
There are a few factors to think about while air frying meats. The meat’s size and thickness, the air fryer’s wattage, and how well done you prefer your meat cooked. Generally, its internal temperature should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit to consider pork fully cooked. In contrast, most people believe that a higher temperature is ideal for aiding in roasting the meat. I always suggest using a thermometer when cooking any form of meat. To ensure accuracy, place the thermometer into the cut’s thickest part.
What should you serve alongside air fryer country-style ribs?
I like to serve air fryer country-style ribs with potatoes and vegetables; here are a couple of my favorites listed below:
- You can quickly prepare air-fried asparagus while your pork is resting by air-frying some.
- These potato nuggets with Dijon and Parmesan are lovely!
- Always a summertime favorite: Cole Slaw!
- Mac and cheese is a fantastic side dish with country-style pork ribs.
How to store country-style ribs leftovers?
Air fryer country-style ribs leftovers should be in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. You should heat the ribs through in the air fryer at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for two to three minutes after sitting at room temperature for 15 minutes.
How to prepare tender air fryer country-style ribs?
Most country-style for low and slow cooking, which helps produce pork that is tender and “falls apart”-style. Soak your pork in salt water (1 tbsp. salt to 1 cup water) overnight.
I took the quick and simple route for this air fryer country-style ribs recipe and skipped soaking them! These were not harsh and had a texture reminiscent of a thick pork chop. Juicy and tender!
What distinguishes ribs in the back from country-style ribs?
- Four different varieties of ribs can be made from the ribs of a pig:
- Known to be more delicious than baby back ribs, spare ribs are cut from the sides of the ribs.
- The “baby” in “baby back” refers to the fact that baby back ribs are taken from the highest section of the back and are shorter than spare ribs.
- St Louis cut, made by trimming spare ribs, also makes all the ribs the same length, allowing them to cook more evenly.
- Rib tips are often the meaty portion removed from spare ribs to create St. Louis cut.
Compared to Country Style Ribs, which I prefer to cook to be juicier, these ribs are more likely to “fall off the bone” when they are done.
Air fryer country-style ribs cook time.
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 minute||28 minutes||32 minutes|
Additional kitchen hardware tools:
- Meat thermometer
- Chief knife
- Cutting board
Calories: 643 kcal
|Calories: 643kcal||Cholesterol: 136mg||Protein: 30g|
|Fat: 52g||Carbohydrates: 58g||Sodium: 388mg|
|Carbohydrates: 14g||Potassium: 492mg||Calcium: 33mg|
|Iron: 3mg||Vitamin A: 299IU||Vitamin C: 1mg|