Air fryer chicken strips will forever change how people think about takeout menus! Magical Air Fryer assists those looking to make their chicken tenders at home. These air-fried chicken strips are a classic that you can’t go wrong with. They’re crunchy on the outside, tender in places, and packed full of flavor – perfect for dipping or spreading some ranch dressing over! Air Fryer chicken strips are easy to make, and you can stay true to your roots by cooking up some of that homemade goodness.
The Best way to Make Your Chicken Tender
The best way to make your air fry chicken strips healthier? Place chicken strips in air fryer! Get the best result with less oil when frying in an airport, so Air fryer chicken strips are nutritionally superior.
Plus, you don’t have the unhealthy fats from deep-fried food that quickly adds up over time on our body’s scale.
Chicken tender air fryer only takes under 30 minutes, and you don’t have the hassle or time commitment that comes with it being pre-made, either!
Southern-style chicken tenders
Since the oven doesn’t get as hot and there is no steam, their crispiness will be less than what you would achieve with an air fryer. Southern-style chicken tenders air fryers are a delicious and easy alternative to breaded tenders.
These Southern-style fried foods will be the hit at your next pool party or lake trip!
Ensure you serve air fryer chicken tender with an American honey mustard dipping sauce for ultimate flavor in every bite.
In the air fryer chicken strips recipe, we use flour dredged southern style crispy chicken, which can easily be adapted into an air-fried chicken tender to save time (and energy). While still maintaining that signature mouthful found when dining on deep FRIED FOODS!!!
The ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Strips
The air fryer makes for a healthier alternative to deep-fried foods; the results are crispy golden brown. In this recipe, I use olive oil spray on each piece of chicken before throwing it into my homemade spice mix, followed by salt & pepper – that’s all there is to it!
You can vary how you season them depending upon your preferences, but sometimes simple taste best when they’re done right at home without any condiments added afterward. A few minutes of cook time of air fryer chicken strips turn these tenders from wet white breaded meatballs into tender, juicy deliciousness.
- Chicken Tenders
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Plain flour
- Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Plain yogurt (optional)
Procedure to cook Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Marinating in garlic and yogurt for at least 20 minutes is ideal. As a result, your air fryer chicken strips enhance the overall taste. In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil with whole spices such as garlic powder or paprika before adding it to another container alongside yogurt when you prepare your final dish!
- Combine the flour and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper to create unique coatings. In another small dish, mix up some eggs that you can also spice if desired!
- Once you have mixed up your ingredients, it’s time to start making 3-4 inch chicken pieces. Start with one strip at a time and dip them in an egg mixture, then coat thoroughly with breadcrumbs before placing them on the top dry baking dish so they can be cooked through later!
- Grease the air fryer bottom with olive oil and arrange a single layer of raw chicken strips. Spray each side with cooking spray before popping for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius, turning halfway through!
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for an easy honey mustard dipping sauce in a small bowl. Serve it with cooked chicken pieces, and enjoy!
Helpful Tips for Air fryer chicken strips
- The best way to keep your fried food from getting burnt is by using different types of bread. If you’re going with panko, make sure not to let them sit for too long before cooking so they don’t overlap and stick together in one spot where the heat can get stuck; otherwise, this will happen!
- You need at least 2 tablespoons per pound (or 45ml) for this recipe; if there are any missed spots, they will cook dry instead!
- Cut your chicken strips smaller to get a crunchy bite.
- We have recipes here on how to cook frozen tenders and nuggets, but if it’s freshly made from scratch, the flavor will be even better! You could season however you want; whether it’s spicy or Notchy, it’ll taste great no matter what, thanks in part because of our super easy method cooking techniques that let us take care not only of time constraints.
Read More Recipes
- How to Frozen taquitos in Air Fryer in 8 Minutes – This Mexican food is the favorite meal of kids and youngsters; delicious and fascinates lovers from a distance
- How to Air Fryer Chocolate Cookies in 7 Minutes – Homeowners will love this easy recipe for Soft and delicious Air Fryer Cookies that don’t require heating your kitchen.
- How to Air Fryer Rib eye in 16 Minutes – There’s nothing like the taste of a well-cooked air fryer rib eye. Tasty & delicious
Creamy Honey Mustard Dip
- 1 tbsp Runny Honey
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ wholegrain Mustard
- ½ tsp White Wine Vinegar
Sauce choices for Air Fryer Chicken Strips
The air fryer chicken strips in the creamy mushroom sauce are one that you’ll want to enjoy year-round. The dish can be made in various ways, but this particular version follows how I like it best – with mushrooms and cream added into the stock before frying up your favorite cut prominence on top!
Let’s roll out some relish sauces for this yummier food!
- Barbecue Sauce: this combo will do magic on your dining.
- Ketchup: ketchup is, as everyone knows, a universal sauce that goes accurately with each food.
- Honey Mustard: This makes a delicious combo of sweet and salty snacks.
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip: this dipping version provides an ever-lasting flavor.
- Honey: runny plain honey is always a favorite because of its flavorful texture.
- Buffalo Sauce is the best choice if you cook beef strips that enrich the overall flavor of your dinner.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: multiple tastes in one pack; this is sweet chili sauce. Try out these yummier and taste enhancer sauces to fall in love with your visitors.
- To Store, Airtight containers are your best bet for keeping chicken tenders fresh, as you can enjoy them for up to three days by freezing them before becoming too mushy and losing their juicy flavor!
- To Reheat, If you have leftovers, take them out of the fridge and heat them in an air fryer at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or so (depending on how hungry we are). Or if all else fails – nuke it!
- To freeze, cook the chicken tenders until they are no longer pink in the center. Let it cool by placing it on a baking sheet before transferring it to an airtight container for storage for up 3 months. When frozen, Solidified meat can be reheated directly from this state without defrosting first.
Handful & Essential Tools for Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Air Fryer: Air Fryer is the best kitchen appliance I have ever owned! It makes crispy chicken tenders in no time at all. My most ideal part about this tool is that you can use it for other types of food, too- Air fry your vegetables or bake cookies. Thanks to its versatile design with multiple baskets available, they will come out delicious every time, so there’s something perfect just waiting around ready when needed most.”
- Thermometer: Without a doubt, the best way to tell when your tenders are done is with an instant-read thermometer. You can also use it for other things like knowing if meat has reached its desired temperature in order not to ruin any dinners!
- Tongs: it assists you in flipping the warm chicken strips.
How long do chicken strips take in an air fryer?
When it’s time to have some juicy, tender chicken tenders! Air fry them at 400 degrees F for 7-8 minutes and flip halfway through. You’ll be able to the best-tasting meat ever in no time thanks to this easy technique that is looking for a few ingredients from your kitchen pantry–and maybe even some new gadgets too 🙂
How long do frozen chicken strips cook in an air fryer?
Preheat your favorite flavor of air fryer to 360°F. Place the frozen chicken strips or nuggets in a single layer, without any oil spray on top, for 10-12 minutes, depending on whether you are cooking tenders that need less heat than larger pieces. Such as wings and drumsticks will take longer at 16 – 18 min per pound, so keep that into account when adjusting time!
What temperature do you cook frozen chicken strips?
Place the chicken strips in a single even layer and spray with no oil. Air fry at 400°F for 10 minutes, flip over pieces of cooked meat, then continue cooking until another 2-5 more minutes, depending on how crispy you want!
Prep & Cook Time for Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mint
- Servings: 6
- Keyword: Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 225
- Amount per serving
- Calories – 225kcal
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Sodium 855mg
- Potassium 503mg
- Carbohydrates 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 29g
- Vitamin A 400IU
- Vitamin C 1mg
- Calcium 49
- Iron 2mg