Air fryer chicken nuggets are easy and delicious recipes at home! They are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or for serving up at parties. These chicken nuggets are much better for you than store-bought or restaurant versions, made with chicken breasts, breadcrumbs, and a few spices. And the cooked results are perfect in the air fryer in just a few minutes! Whether you dip them in your favorite sauce or enjoy them plain, these chicken nuggets will surely be a hit with everyone. So, give chicken nuggets a try next time you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe! You won’t be disappointed!
How to Air Fry Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets are my new favorite way to make chicken nuggets! Come out perfectly cooked every time. They’re much healthier than traditional chicken nuggets because they’re cooked in an air fryer instead of deep-fried. I prepare this recipe using a 5.8QT Max Xl Cosori air fryer, amazing for chicken nuggets.
Air fry chicken nuggets are a healthier alternative to deep-fried chicken nuggets because they require less oil. Air fryer chicken nuggets are also quick and easy to make at home. To make air fryer chicken nuggets, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then, cut your chicken into small pieces, coat it in flour or breadcrumbs, and place it in the air fryer basket. 10-12 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
- Chicken: Chicken is an excellent option for those who want to avoid the extra carbs in Ranch-Dressing. I used to with chicken breasts, but you can also use tenderloins or thighs, which will still be delicious!
- Panko Breadcrumbs: If your cast iron pan isn’t nonstick, then panko bread crumbs might be better as they create thicker crispiness on their surface, ensuring there’s no food sticking anywhere when cooked this way, making cleanup much easier too.
- Spices: Spices are always a great way to add some flavor, but a homemade spice blend of salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder garlic gives this dish an extra kick that will have you coming back for more! You can use it on anything from wings and fries to chicken legs.
- Eggs: And if they’re not enough, mix some eggs into whatever else might need dipping – like french fireside potatoes or even vegetables if their spicy goodness calls out too loudly.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil spray is key to achieving crispy breading. If you don’t have the equipment, brush or drizzle your chicken with some before frying for an even healthier dish!
- Milk: This is quite optional. You can go for plain water or pickle juice.
I love cooking chicken nuggets in the air fryer because they’re always crispy, fast, and easy! The step-by-step guide that you can do yourself too. Air fryer chicken nuggets are a quick and easy way to get your fix of golden, crispy chicken without deep frying them.
Thanks to a few simple spices in the breading, these nuggets are full of flavor and get nice and crispy in 10 minutes. The chicken comes out perfectly tender and golden brown, making them a perfect snack or meal any time of day. So if you’re craving fried chicken but don’t want all the hassle or mess, pop some of these nuggets in your air fryer and enjoy!
- Tossing the chicken in an egg and milk mixture helps make sure that it’s fully covered with an excellent coating of bread crumbs.
- Coat the chicken with breadcrumbs and cook it in an egg mixture before pulling it apart to get that signature crispiness.
- It’s time for dinner! If you want your meal to have a flavorful, rich flavor profile on top of being easy peasy – this is what we recommend putting out there at home or in a restaurant because who doesn’t love some crispy goodness?
- The air fryer is more than enough for an oven replacement! It can make some fantastic snacks, like these chicken nuggets that are breaded and cooked for 10 minutes flat at 400 Degrees F.
- Come get your fix of chicken nuggets and dipping sauce; today’s combo is a perfect pairing!
Read More Recipes
- How to Air Fryer Potstickers in 14 Minutes
- How to Air Fryer Biscuits in 10 Minutes
- How to Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs in 8 Minutes
- How to Air Fryer Fish Sticks in 12 Minutes
Practical Tips & Tricks for Air Frying Chicken Nuggets
- Avoid Overcrowding: The space between your chicken nuggets should be barely touching. If you pack too many into the air fryer, their breading will fall off, and they won’t get crispy on top; it’ll also take longer for them to cook through!
- Repetitive Flipping of Nuggets: Air frying your chicken nuggets is a great way to avoid the deep-fried mess atop so many restaurant menus. To get crispy bottoms with tender centers, turn them over halfway through cooking time!
Best Chicken Nuggets
Air-fried chicken nuggets are perfect for dinner, a snack, or an appetizer. Both kids and adults love them! Be sure to try air fryer chicken nuggets for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional chicken nuggets! You won’t be disappointed.
The variety in chicken nugget brands can be daunting. It’s essential to do a test batch before cooking all your food to know what temperature and length of time work best for each brand!
You can have more chicken nuggets if you want, but make sure they’re cooked through. The organic brands of air fryer chicken nuggets frozen are great because there’s no need to deep-fry them, and the cooking time will go much faster!
Dipping Sauce Ideas with crunchy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
Ketchup is the most popular dip of choice, but if you want something different, here are some ideas for shakes and pops with your favorite condiment!
Ketchup has always been one true love among many others- from school lunches to date night dinners. But why not change things up? Here are five more great recipes using this centuries-old sauce:
- Hot Sauce
- Sriracha Mayo
- Honey mustard sauce
- BBQ sauce
Advantages of Frozen Chicken Nuggets Air Fry
Air fry frozen chicken nuggets are delicious with the premium quality appliance.
- The nuggets from any brand will work in an air fryer – even those named “Tyson.” In my experience, most store-brand chickens are just as good, if not better, than their expensive counterparts!
- Stacking the nuggets in your air fryer will cause them to stay on one side and not cook evenly. Instead, you should spread all of these tasty treats across several trays or baskets so they can get cooked from every direction!
How long do you cook chicken nuggets in air fryer?
Preheat your oven to 360°F for the chicken nuggets air fryer. Place the frozen chicken strips or nuggets in an air fryer basket, spreading them out into a single layer without using oil spray first! For tenders, it will take 10-12 minutes, while for more traditional favorites like wings (which I recommend if you’re feeling adventurous), then 7 – 8 is what’s needed; keep watching until they’re done because, once again, there isn’t much room left over here so done.
How do you cook breaded chicken nuggets in an air fryer?
It’s easy to cook delicious, tender chicken nuggets in an air fryer. Just add the strips of meat and let them heat up at 400 degrees on their own while you do something else for 10 minutes before flipping them over halfway through!
How do you cook raw chicken nuggets in an air fryer?
The frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer are cooked when they turn golden brown and can easily be pulled out of the basket with a fork. It only takes 10 minutes for these deliciously crispy treats!
A few simple steps will get you fantastic food from your air fryer, like my family’s favorite—chicken-fried bacon bits wrapped in an aluminum foil package that we call “snuggles.” Add them to a 400°F heated space where it is also safe (and desirable) not too much grease spills over onto other foods during preparation.
Can you Air Fry Frozen Chicken Nuggets?
Preheat your oven to 360°F. Place the frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet, brush with some olive oil spray if needed, and cook 10-12 minutes for tenders; 7 – 8 minute cooking time when using nugget packages (depending upon their size).
How do you cook frozen chicken nuggets?
The best way to cook nuggets is by using a pan and stovetop. The instructions for both methods will be similar, but there may be slight differences in temperature or time requirements based on what oil you use as your cooking surface (vegetable vs. olive).
To start the chicken nugget air fryer recipe properly, let’s take an overview from baking: first, preheat the oven with settings adjusted, so it reaches 375°F, then spread frozen meat onto a cookie sheet before placing it into a heated area for 25-30 minutes total times approximately 10.
Prep & Cook Time for Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 18 mint
- Servings: 6
- Keyword: Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 208kcal
- Amount per serving
- Calories – 208kcal
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 644mg
- Potassium 474mg
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 28g
- Vitamin A 277IU
- Vitamin C 1mg
- Calcium 40mg
- Iron 1mg