You will say goodbye to a boring breakfast with this air fryer hash browns. These fantastic air fry hash brown patties have the perfect amount of crispiness without being overly oily. The patties already include oil, so you don’t need to add any additional oil spray. The hash browns will only have a more “crispy deep fried” quality if you spray them with oil. They make the ideal, fuss-free breakfast because they are quick and straightforward. You can enjoy a breakfast that is satisfying, healthful, and a little more fun by making a little extra effort with it.
Can I make hash browns in my air fryer?
Of course, you can. Air frying hash browns has many advantages; here are some of them:
- You just need to clean the air fryer basket, so use that! There is no need to dirty any pots or plates.
- Thanks to the air circulation around the dish, the hash brown patty becomes flawlessly crispy on both sides.
- This breakfast dish takes only ten minutes or fewer to prepare, as opposed to baking them.
- Hash browns from frozen can be cooked without thawing or defrosting. Transfer them right away from the freezer to the air fryer basket.
What do you need to make air fryer brown patties from scratch?
- Yellow potato: 3 grated medium potatoes
- Avocado oil: 2tabelspoon
- Onion powder: ½ tablespoon
- Smoked paprika: ½ tablespoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon
- Air fryer
Additional kitchen hardware tools:
- Box grater
How to cook hashbrowns in the air fryer?
Step 1:The potatoes should be peeled before being placed in a bowl of cold water. Put your potatoes in the water bowl after shredding them using a box grater. After a little stir, leave them alone for 20 minutes. Now strain onto a colander and thoroughly rinse with cold water. Squeeze or press the dried potatoes on a clean dish towel or piece of paper towel. For the crunchiest hash browns, you want them to be as dry as possible. After wiping the bowl dry, place the potatoes back in it and season with salt and oil.
Step 2: Place the potatoes in the basket once you’ve greased or sprayed them (if necessary). Spread and flatten the shreds into an equal layer with a silicone spatula, or you can shape them into rectangles, then bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until brown, at 370 degrees.
Read More Recipes
- How to air fryer frozen French fries in 15 Minutes?
- How to air fryer frozen shrimps in 7 Minutes?
- How to air fry chicken legs in 23 Minutes
- How to air fryer pierogies in 17 Minutes?
Can you air fry frozen hash brown patties?
Absolutely. If you’re pressed for time or in a hurry time to prepare homemade hash browns, all you have to do is to buy a bag of it from a nearby grocery and put them in your air fryer; it will do all the work:
- Hash browns: 1 frozen package
- Salt: ½ tablespoon
- Black pepper: ½ tablespoon
How to prepare them?
- Frozen hash browns should be arranged in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- On top, mist with some olive oil (it will help them crisp up)
- Heat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, turn them halfway through, then brush with olive oil.
- Before removing them, make sure that they are adequately cooked.
- Put them on a plate and add salt and pepper.
Tips to prepare air fryer brown patties like a pro:
Here are the best tips to make successful hashbrowns in the air fryer:
- The sizes of patties are so varied. Every air fryer cooks a little bit differently, and you must adequately modify the time and temperature. You’ll know the ideal time for your particular air fryer technique once you’ve cooked your first batch.
- To eliminate the starch and make the potatoes crispier, soak the potatoes in cold water. Therefore, be sure to soak them for 20 minutes and then rinse them.
- Ensure that the potato shreds are thoroughly dried for the crispiest results. Pour shredded potato into a clean dish towel and squeeze.
- To ensure that the potatoes crisp up evenly, spread them out in a layer.
- You don’t have to defrost frozen hash browns; remove them from the freezer and place them directly into the air fryer.
How to serve air fryer brown patties?
- Yogurt or sour cream-based sauce pair with hash browns. Additionally, you can form them thinner and use them as a foundation for various appetizers.
- You can offer them exactly as they are for breakfast, along with some fried eggs, and they can serve as the foundation for finger meal snacks.
- There are many sauces that you can serve them with. Serving them with tzatziki sauce or marinara sauce are a couple of suggestions.
How long do hash browns stay fresh in the refrigerator?
Although you can store the hash browns in the refrigerator for up to two or three days, I don’t suggest it. Only freshly prepared food served hot is suitable for this type of cuisine.
How come my air fryer hash browns soggy?
You failed to get enough liquid from the potatoes, and the water will emerge from them once you salt them. There are two ways to prevent the hash browns from becoming mushy:
- After salting the potatoes, let them drain for 15 minutes, but be aware that this could cause a color change.
- Alternatively, combine all the ingredients and thoroughly squeeze the mixture between your hands before forming the hash brown patties.
Air fryer hash browns
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|30 minutes||18 minutes||48 minutes|
- Servings: 4
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 120 kcal
Nutrition facts without dressing:
|Calories: 270kcal||Carbohydrates: 40g||Protein: 5g|
|Fat: 12g||Sodium: 595mg||Potassium: 955mg|
|Fiber: 5g||Sugar: 2g||Iron: 2mg|
|Vitamin C: 45mg||Calcium: 27mg|