What is more impressive than preparing an easy-to-make and even easier-to-fry Broccoli? For many readers, the first thing that comes to mind when they think of cooking broccoli is an oven; yes, that’s pretty common because that is the only traditional method to cook it besides frying it in a pan. While deep frying Broccoli is time-consuming and tiring, doing it in the air fryer makes itself a good alternative. Tender inside and crispy on the outside, this Air Fryer Broccoli can be an easy and nutritional side to all your dishes.
Tips to make the Best Air Fried Broccoli
Air Frying broccoli florets isn’t as complicated as you think; below are some expert tips that you must try to make the best air-fried broccoli…
Use fresh broccoli
Although you can air-frozen fry broccoli, it won’t get as crispy as the fresh one due to the moisture content in the frozen broccoli. So it is suggested that you use fresh ones to get the perfectly crispy and delicious air-fried broccoli.
Cut the Florets into equal-sized pieces.
To promote the even cooking of the broccoli, make sure to slice its florets into equal-sized pieces. This technique will ensure that each floret is as evenly and equally cooked as the other. You can use a sharp nice, or even dicer for this purpose.
Change your seasoning game.
Branch out from the usual garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and try to add any other dry seasoning you like. This can be red chili flakes, cumin, and any Italian seasoning of your choice. You can also squeeze a dash of lemon over the broccoli florets to achieve a citrusy flavor.
Read More Recipes
- How to air fry chicken wings in 16 minutes – delicious, super crispy, and it will never let you go any other way.
- How to air fry frozen bugger in 15 minutes – delicious and most demanding appetizer for those obsessed with junk foods.
- How to air fry hamburger in 8 minutes – This recipe will take off all your hassle in enjoying a delicious and juicy hamburger.
- How to cook bacon in air fryer in 9 minutes – The faster air fryer processing makes your bacon the crispiest.
- How to air fry hot pockets in 11 minutes – comes with a whole crispy crust and the melting cheese just enough to grab the eater’s attention.
- How to air fry asparagus in 10 minutes – The best easy and healthy Air Fryer Asparagus recipe, it’s soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
Season the broccoli beforehand.
When seasoning the broccoli directly on the air fryer tray, use a bowl to season it beforehand. This will allow you to toss and mix the broccolis properly in the seasoning and the oils, making each floret evenly crispy and delicious.
Kitchen Hardware [Buy]
- Cosori Air Fryer
Serve it fresh
Air Fryer Broccoli is best served fresh; leaving it for too long will turn soggy, losing its crispiness.
Level up your air-fried broccoli.
If you want to make your air fryer broccolis even more delicious, sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top of it in the last 4 minutes of frying. This will enhance the overall taste of your crispy air-fried broccoli florets.
If you have left the broccoli for a long time and they have turned soggy, then don’t worry. Here’s how you can reheat them and make them crispy again. Put the broccoli into the air fryer and cook for a couple of minutes.
How to Air Fry Broccoli
Here is the easiest and one of the best air fry broccoli recipes you will ever try…
Step 1: Start by washing and cutting equal-sized broccoli florets. Now pat dry these florets with the help of kitchen towels and set aid. Add all the seasoning and oils to a large bowl and mix well. Toss the broccoli florets into this mixture, evenly coating each of them. Place the broccoli pieces into the air fryer tray in a single layer, leaving a little space between them.
Step 2: Air fry for 9-10 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping halfway through. Once done, take the broccoli out of the air fryer and serve warm and crisp.
Why use an Air Fryer?
If you, too, are new to using an air fryer and do not know whether to use it for air frying veggies, then here are some facts that you may consider before making Air Fry Broccoli at your home. Stay tuned.
- With an air fryer, you don’t have to use any oil at all. It heats up sufficiently to crisp your food without oil. You would never achieve that level of crispiness in an oven. This makes preparing broccoli in an air fryer a great option.
- No oil makes air fryers a better alternative to the oven, and dishes made in the air fryer are much healthier than baked ones.
- An air fryer takes less time to cook broccoli or food, cutting the cooking time by approximately one-third. And since it’s less time-consuming, you’ll have your air-fried broccoli in minutes.
- If you do not have much space on your kitchen counter, you must prefer an air fryer over an oven because it requires less space than the latter.
- Everybody likes the fried flavor but hates that extra oil. Fried food has more flavor than baked food. When you air fry broccoli, its fan cooks it so that the outsides turn crisp while the insides remain moist and tender, just like deep frying but with no oil.
- Cleaning your air fryer is much easier than cleaning your oven. Voila!
Is air-frying broccoli a good choice?
Air frying broccoli is one of the most convenient and quick methods of turning broccoli into a good snack or side dish. It takes just a few minutes to get super crispy and delicious broccoli florets in the air fryer.
Can you use frozen broccoli?
Yes, you can air-frozen fry broccoli, but the results will not be as good as air-frying fresh broccoli. This is because of the high moisture content present in frozen products.
Do you have to steam broccoli before air frying it?
No, there’s no need to steam your broccoli before air frying it, but if you want your broccoli to be a little tender, then add a tablespoon of water to the tray of your air fryer; this will create a steaming effect and make sure that your broccoli is crispy on the outside and tender inside.
That’s it, readers; I hope you found this article helpful. This air fryer broccoli is a quick, healthy, delicious snack and side dish you can pair with any other dish. And the best part is, it only takes 10 minutes to get done.
Broccoli Air Fryer Preparation Time
- Prep time: 2 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 175 kcal
- Calories: 175 kcal
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 15g
- Calcium: 64mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 336mg
- Potassium: 431mg
- Fiber: 4g