Baked potato in air fryer sounds like a mouthwatering snack for everyone. Its crispy bites give perfect tenderness. Indeed, baked potatoes in an air fryer are cooked well from the inside. Therefore, it provides the perfect aroma and tendency. The entire air fryer baked potatoes recipe is quite relished and effortless. Cutting your time in half will surprise you with delicious tastes and bites. The potato with salty skin is an additive for baked potato lovers. I must say that this appetizing snack will be the center of attention for your evening tea table. The crisped yet baked potato became a more flavorful meal after dipping into a dollop of sour cream. So, let’s get into step by step process of air fryer baked potatoes:
Baked Potatoes in Air Fryer Recipe
Baking potatoes with an air fryer is a quicker and fancier recipe. In a few minutes, you can get fluffy and crispy baked potatoes. The potato in the air fryer takes the required time for the perfect outcome.
And definitely, you would love the final meal named air fryer baked potatoes. Unlike the oven, the air fryer is admirable because of its quicker application. Indeed, cooking with an air fryer is less hectic and more hygienic. You must be ready to disclose the recipe for air fryer baked potatoes! So, let’s commence with prime ingredients for the preparations of baked potatoes.
The recipe isn’t so long and will be done in hours. A baked potato air fryer makes this cooking effortless. Air fryer baked potatoes would be ready to rock you using only three ingredients. Surprisingly, you have these ingredients in your home.
- Potatoes: Go with russet potatoes will be beneficial for the ideal shape. You can also get these potatoes by the name of Idaho potatoes. You must pay great attention to this supreme ingredient quality.
- Oil: For delicious crispiness, pick the best quality olive oil for air fryer baking potatoes. Moreover, other cooking oils would be applicable. The cooking spray bottle will facilitate the potato shuffling.
- Salt: fine sea salt is always recommended for the salty texture of baked potatoes. On the other hand, any handy salt can be added to this recipe.
Procedure to make Air fryer Baked Potato
- This yummy recipe starts with washing the potatoes with normal water. After removing any damage or dirt, pat dries all potatoes. Later on, arrange the potatoes using a fork.
- Moving to the next step is oil and salt spraying. First, put potatoes systematically in an air fryer basket. Before setting the temperature, spread salt and oil evenly on the raw potatoes. Also, you have to scrub every potato side for accurate oil and salt coating.
- Set temperature of 400F within 30 minutes. At this time, open the fryer and check on the potatoes. For this purpose, pick a knife and pierce the potato from the center. If required, restart the air fryer for 5-15 additional minutes.
Let’s look at the different toppings to make air fryer baking potatoes more delicious!
Baked Potato with Toppings
Baked potato lovers are always looking for a way that makes this relish food more admirable. Therefore, there is a variety of topping ingredients to make your side dish overloaded.
- Salt – A pinch of extra salt isn’t a bad idea or cannot ruin your dish. Feel free to sprinkle an extra pinch of salt.
- Butter – Melted butter on any food leads that food to the next level. Throw dotted butter on air fryer baked potatoes in a baked potato case and see the magic.
- Sour Cream – Go for a medium-quantity dollop of sour cream according to your taste. It will enhance the presentation of crispy potatoes as well as their taste.
- Cheese – who would deny to cheesy snack? Nobody, I think! Regarding air fryer baked potatoes, Mexican or cheddar cheese are the two best choices that make your meal cheesy.
- Bacon Bits – bacon bits in the chopped form will increase the fascination with air fryer baked potatoes and their colors.
- Jalapeno – go for sliced or diced jalapeno as per the recipient’s taste. It would be a flavorful additive.
- Chives – the garnishing of chives and green onions makes your lunch eye-catcher and tasteful.
Additional Tips to have the Best Outcomes
Although the air fryer baked potato recipe isn’t so hectic or easy to make, there are a few tactics to make the cooking more feasible. By following these smaller tips, you won’t regret it at the end of the cooking.
- Test with Knife – To prevent uncooked potatoes, always use a sharp knife to insert into the potato. In this way, you will get to know whether you have to continue cooking or not.
- Wash off Potato Peel – There is no need to peel off the potato skin. The reason to have it is that it offers additional crisped texture. The combination of salt and potato skin enriches the taste of this air fryer-baked potato cuisine.
- Poke Potatoes – To prevent any bursts in the air fryer, it is recommended that you give a 10-second poke to your potatoes. This practice will avoid mess and disaster in the air fryer. Usually, there is no need to poke air fryer baked potatoes but take it as a precautionary measure.
- Heat Circulation – The air fryer is an electronic device, so there should be a proper air circulation method. Do not mess with or overcrowd the device so let the heat exclude. This way, you have safer cooking and get crisped air fryer baked potatoes.
- A Repetitive Check – Once you set a temperature of 400F for 30 minutes, you must have a check by flipping the potatoes on another side. A sharp knife is ideal for piercing potatoes in the center. Doing so gives you a clear idea of how much time is required for air fryer baked potatoes.
Ideal Timing for Perfectly Cooked Potato
It is recommended above to take same-sized potatoes for a better cooking experience. Larger and thicker potatoes require more time to cook. So, there is common confusion regarding the time for the air fryer. Therefore, it is dependent on potato size. Always go with small round potatoes. On the other side, give them 5 to 7 additional minutes to let cook for thicker potatoes. Once your knife successfully pierces the potato in the center, the job is done.
Read More Recipes
- How to air fry chicken wings in 16 minutes – delicious, super crispy, and it will never let you go any other way.
- How to air fry frozen bugger in 15 minutes – delicious and most demanding appetizer for those obsessed with junk foods.
- How to cook bacon in air fryer in 9 minutes – The faster air fryer processing makes your bacon the crispiest.
- How to air fry hot pockets in 11 minutes – comes with a whole crispy crust and the melting cheese just enough to grab the eater’s attention.
- How do you steam asparagus in an air fryer – The best part is that this steamed asparagus in air fryer recipe is suitable for keto and weight-watchers diets.
- How to air fry asparagus in 10 minutes – The best easy and healthy Air Fryer Asparagus recipe, it’s soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
Prep & cook time for Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 mint
- Servings: 4
- Keyword: Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 199
- Amount per serving
- Calories – 199
- Fat 4g (6%)
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- Sodium 301mg (13%)
- Potassium 888mg (25%)
- Carbohydrates 38g (13%)
- Fiber 3g (13%)
- Sugar 1g (1%)
- Protein 5g (10%)
- Vitamin A 2IU (0%)
- Vitamin C 12mg (15%)
- Calcium 28mg (3%)
- Iron 2mg (11%)