Air fryer acorn squash is a perfect choice; if you’ve never had acorn squash, it has a mildly sweet flavor and is only made better by butter and brown sugar, much like a sweet potato. The best part of this dish is that it just takes 25 minutes to prepare instead of an hour, thanks to the air fryer! Acorn squash is typically available in the vegetable section during the fall and winter. The squash can be eaten, stuffed with your favorite stuffing, or used with butter and brown sugar to give it a warmer texture.
What do you need to prepare air fry acorn squash?
- Acorn squash: 1
- Butter dairy: 2 tsp.
- Brown sugar: 2 tsp.
- Cinnamon: ½ tsp.
- Air fryer
Additional kitchen hardware tools:
- Cutting board
How to cook acorn squash in air fryer?
Step 1: Wash Acorn squash properly and remove seeds using a spoon. Use a sharp knife to cut the squash in half.
Step 2: Place washed acorn squash, after cutting it in half, in the air fryer basket. You can only place one squash at one time.
Step 3: On the other hand, prepare to fill by combining brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. You are ready to serve the acorn squash with this yummy filling.
Step 4: Now, air fries them at 400 F for 20-25 minutes. Take care when removing the acorn squash when the cooking period has ended. You have two options for serving the acorn squash: in the shell or with the flesh scraped out and placed on a platter.
Read More Recipes:
- How to air frying vegetables in 15 minutes?
- How to air fry tomatoes in 15 minutes?
- How to make air fryer turkey legs?
- How to cook air fryer cakes?
- How to cook air fryer pizza from scratch?
Tips & tricks to make the best air fryer acorn squash:
- During the last few minutes, make sure to check the squash. According to the squash’s size, the cooking time will change. Watch out, as your squash might cook more quickly!
- You can substitute the spices I used if you like a different flavoring. Personalize this dish to suit you.
- This recipe can also prepare mashed acorn squash for other dishes.
How to cut acorn squash?
- Wash the squash outside first. Then cut the squash lengthwise with a sturdy, sharp chef’s knife.
- Like a pumpkin, it will have seeds inside. Scoop out the seeds and any strings surrounding them with a spoon and throw them away.
- Use the knife to score the interior. Now that the squash is prepared, fry it!
Which is preferable: savory or sweet air-fried acorn squash?
I won’t lie to you; my favorite squash is a sweet acorn. I used to cover it in butter and brown sugar, but now I add a little honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg to my air fryer version.
Delicious savory dishes can be made with only garlic, onion, and oregano as seasonings. If it matters to you, this version will be Whole30 compliant and has fewer calories.
What dishes pair well with air fry acorn squash?
The air fryer acorn squash would go well with a traditional main course like a roast chicken and another veggie side or grain like rice. Here are some suggestions:
- Meatballs in air fryer
- Air fry chicken thighs
- Air fryer tuna steak
How to store air fryer acorn squash?
If there are any leftovers, you may keep them in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container. Return the squash to the air fryer and reheat for 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees.
Air fryer acorn squash:
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||25 minutes|
|Course: Side dish|
|Calories: 117 kcal|
|Calories: 117kcal||Carbohydrates: 17g||Protein: 1g|
|Fat: 6g||Fiber: 2g||Sugar: 6g|
Thanks for visiting our blog. For any questions, leave a comment, please!