Air fry tuna steak is fantastic. They turned out beautifully, perfectly cooked, and packed with flavor. This recipe calls for a few simple ingredients, and they are excellent. The air fryer did a terrific job of making the tuna steaks soft and tasty today. I made a simple lemon butter sauce to drizzle over the tuna steaks. The meal is perfectly cooked and has a light, crunchy texture when air-fried. Additionally, it uses no oil, making it a healthy cooking alternative. So let’s get started!
What do you need to prepare air fry tuna steak?
- Tuna steak: 340g (sliced ½ inches slices)
- Garlic: minced, 1 tbsp.
- Soy sauce: 1 tsp.
- Lime juice: ½ tsp.
- Green onion: ¼ cup
- Sesame oil: 1 tsp.
- Black pepper: ½ tsp.
- Air fryer
Additional kitchen hardware tools:
- Meat thermometer
How to air fry tuna steak?
Step 1: Combine soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, sesame oil, and green onion in a bowl, and mix well. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade. Let them for 20 minutes or up to an hour in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Put the tuna steaks, after marinating, in the air fryer basket. Ensure to place them in a single layer. For medium rare tuna steaks, air fried at 380°F for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 125°F. If you want your tuna medium or medium well done, you can cook the tuna steaks for a few minutes longer.
Step 3: Before serving, allow to sit and rest for two minutes. If desired, garnish thinly sliced green onions.
Read More Recipes:
- How to air fry meatballs in 20 minutes?
- How to air fryer apple fries in 20 minutes?
- How to air fryer acorn squash in 25 minutes?
- How to air frying vegetables in 15 minutes?
- How to prepare air fryer Mexican corn on cob?
Can you eat raw tuna steaks?
It is safe, depending on where you buy the tuna steaks. Keep in mind that restaurants and sushi bars worldwide serve raw tuna. When choosing your tuna steaks for air fry tuna steak, look for a firm yet vibrant red-to-pink color. Ordinarily, a complete loin of tuna is sold, and to have the tuna cut into steaks, ask your butcher.
How healthy is tuna steak?
Tuna steak is a terrific alternative to chicken or beef if you’re searching for a nutritious, protein-rich supper. Tuna is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for your heart and brain, but low in calories. The most excellent part about tuna steak is how quick and straightforward it is to make—it only needs to cook for 10 minutes! Therefore, give tuna steak a try if you’re seeking a unique and mouthwatering way to have dinner. You will be pleased.
Can you air fry frozen tuna steaks?
Although I prefer to cook fresh tuna, air fry tuna steak from frozen is still the most well-liked and cost-effective method for buying tuna steaks, and it is simple to prepare them straight from frozen.
- For about 5 minutes, preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F on the air fryer setting. Then fill the air fryer with the frozen steak.
- According to how well done you prefer your steak to be. Set the timer for 8 minutes and flip the steak after that.
- Use your preferred dipping sauce to give a frozen tuna steak some flavor if you plan to use one.
How to defrost tuna steaks from freezing?
The best methods for defrosting frozen tuna are listed below.
- The tuna steaks should be placed in the refrigerator to defrost overnight.
This is a quick and secure method to defrost fish if you forget to take it out of the freezer.
- Place the fish in a plastic bag that won’t leak. Place the fish in a big bowl of cold water with the top of the bag still above the water. For the fish to defrost, place it in cold water and change it every 30 minutes. Avoid thawing tuna in hot water or on the counter because doing so could cause bacteria to grow on the fish’s surface.
|Air fry tuna steak:|
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|20 minutes||5 minutes||25 minutes|
|Course: Main course|
|Calories: 422 kcal|
|Calories: 422kcal||Carbohydrates: 8g||Protein: 44g|
|Fat: 23g||Saturated fat: 8g||Sugar: 2g|
Air fry tuna steak
- Air fryer
- Meat thermometer
- 340 g (sliced ½ inches slices) Tuna steak
- 1 tbsp (minced) Garlic
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce
- ½ tsp. Lime juice
- ¼ cup Green onion
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, sesame oil, and green onion in a bowl, and mix well. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade. Let them for 20 minutes or up to an hour in the refrigerator.
- Put the tuna steaks, after marinating, in the air fryer basket. Ensure to place them in a single layer. For medium rare tuna steaks, air fried at 380°F for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 125°F. If you want your tuna medium or medium well done, you can cook the tuna steaks for a few minutes longer.
- Before serving, allow to sit and rest for two minutes. If desired, garnish thinly sliced green onions.