This air fry meatball recipe is my preferred method of cooking meatballs, much like many other air fryer recipes, because they are swift, simple, and fantastic! Meatballs cooked in an air fryer are juicy and maintain their ideal round shape. Best of all, they are finished in 20 minutes! Since this recipe is straightforward, the meatballs will go well with whatever dish you prepare or on their own. It is simpler to cook the meatballs in the air fryer than it is to cook them in the oven. Because you have to handle them less, they consistently maintain their ideal ball shape and brown.
Ingredients for air fryer meatballs:
- Ground beef: 1 Pound
- Plain bread crumbs: 3/4 cup
- Egg: 1
- Parmesan cheese: 1/4 cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- BBQ Sauce: ½ cup
- Season salt: 1 tsp.
- Black pepper: ½ tsp.
- Parsley: 1 tsp.
- Garlic powder: ½ tsp.
- Cheddar cheese cubes: 12-15
- Air fryer
Additional kitchen hardware tools:
- Meat thermometer
How to air fry meatballs?
Step 1: Mix all ingredients into a fine paste except cheddar cheese.
Step 2: Use a tablespoon or tiny cookie scoop to portion the mix so that the meatballs are all the same size. Why does it matter if they are the same size? They bake equally, which affects the cooking time if they are all various sizes. Make balls from the meatball mixture and set them on a baking sheet.
Step 3: At this point, insert one cube of cheddar cheese inside every ball.
How long to air fry meatballs?
Step 4: For a few minutes, preheat the air fryer. (Your model’s preheat time will vary; mine suggests three to four minutes.) Cook the meatballs for around 10 minutes at 400 degrees after placing them in the basket. If your air fryer is small, you might have to cook them in two batches.
Read More Recipes:
- How to air fryer acorn squash in 25 minutes?
- How to air frying vegetables in 15 minutes?
- How to air fry tomatoes in 15 minutes?
- How to make air fryer turkey legs?
- How to air fryer apple fries in 20 minutes?
Advice on how to make the best air fryer meatballs
- Refrain from over-mixing the mixture, as this usually leads to rough meatballs. I advise combining the ingredients with your hands.
- Preheating the air fryer is a crucial step, and this method results in more accurate cooking times and more even cooking of the food.
- With this recipe, you don’t need to add any more oil. The meatballs fry in their fat since there is enough fat in the meat mixture.
- Italian-style breadcrumbs are an alternative to regular breadcrumbs.
When are meatballs fully cooked?
Depending on their size, meatballs must cook in the Air Fryer for varying amounts. Meatballs the size of golf balls take 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees F. When the meatballs’ interior temperature hits 160 degrees F., they are fully cooked. As overcooking leads to harsh and dry meat, I advise using an instant-read thermometer to prevent this.
Can you air-fry frozen meatballs?
You can, indeed! The cooked meatballs are excellent for a quick dinner or snack, so I advise freezing them.
Here’s how to go about it: When the cooked meatballs are cool enough to handle, place them in a zipper bag and freeze them for up to three months. When you want to eat meatballs, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator, then air fry them for 10 minutes at 400 F.
Ideas to serve air fry meatballs:
Small air-fried meatballs make a pretty lovely appetizer. To make them easier to eat, serve them with some toothpicks and a small amount of Dijon mustard.
These meatballs could also be used as a component of another dish. Sometimes we enjoy making a basic broth, adding the meatballs, and enjoying an easy meatball soup.
|Air fry meatballs:|
|Prep Time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 minutes||10 minutes||20 minutes|
|Course: Main course|
|Calories: 420 kcal|
|Calories: 420kcal||Carbohydrates: 16g||Protein: 29g|
|Fat: 26g||Saturated fat: 10g||Sugar: 2g|
Air fry meatballs
- Air fry recipe
- Meat thermometer
- 1 Pound Ground beef
- 3/4 cup Plain bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp. Season salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 12-15 Cheddar cheese cubes
- Mix all ingredients into a fine paste except cheddar cheese.
- Use a tablespoon or tiny cookie scoop to portion the mix so that the meatballs are all the same size. Why does it matter if they are the same size? They bake equally, which affects the cooking time if they are all various sizes. Make balls from the meatball mixture and set them on a baking sheet.
- At this point, insert one cube of cheddar cheese inside every ball.